Heavenly Day Events is FUN company that lives to serve and care for not only our clients but our vendors. Our work environment includes flexibility and in return, I expect respect, loyalty, and grit.
Planners with Heavenly Day are contract employees which means we have a general brand and message that attracts our clients + a process and system that all have access to use but each planner sets their own hours, accepts their own clients and chooses what of the systems and procedures works for their process.
Preference goes to candidates with 6-12 months of intern level wedding planning experience (at a minimum) and the willingness to work for a season as a wedding day assistant (paid) prior to booking their own clients to ensure they like the work and agree with our values. Contract planners may choose to book as many or as few of their own clients as they like. Our current contract planners find 7-10 per 12 month period is a good minimum and 20 is a good max.
GENERAL DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Meeting with clients and vendors
- Email and phone communication
- Design creation
- Social Media
- Graphic Design
- Conducting rehearsals and wedding days
- Assistance with marketing, blogs or other tasks that assist in generating leads (the responsibility of that is my job but you get out of something what you put into it)
THIS MAY BE FOR YOU IF
- You love people.
- You don't mind blood, sweat and tears.
- Are you looking for supplemental income (or have the drive to dive in and make enough to live on!)
- You want to determine your own schedule and handpick your own clients.
- Can sell the heck out of anything. You eat what you kill around here. You sell it, you work it.
- Love free lunches, happy hours and schmoozing from vendors. Also, must love schmoozing others because we adore loving on our vendors!
- Enjoy networking events- introverts can struggle with these events but they are imperative for building relationships that result in sales. Please be honest about your ability to do this. A room full of people you don't know. Does that excite you or terrify you? The good news is that you eventually get to know them and they become your dearest friends. But I don't always wing man for contract planners, they really need to have the confidence to meet people in order to build their books.
- You're in a life-stage that can handle chaos and ever changing schedules.
- You value marriage and know that it's more important than the party.
PREFERENCE GOES TO THOSE THAT HAVE/ARE OR ARE WILLING TO GET/BE
- 6-12 months of intern level wedding planning experience (at a minimum)
- or degrees in events/hospitality
- backgrounds in design
- proven sales record
- Team Player
- Reliable Car
- Emergency plan for pets and children that does not include yourself (We attract clients that are obviously flexible around major emergencies but if the school calls because your child is sick while you are meeting with a client that flew in to meet with you... what is your plan?)
- Own computer, printer and work resources
- LLC and Insurance- as a contract employee, you are your own entity (Unfamiliar? I'm happy to explain further, just let me know!)
- Willing to work on weekends and odd hours.
- Can do attitude
- Able to asses a situation and take initiative in a moment's notice. Problem solving is your jam!
- A backbone and are confident, but are able to use grace and tact.
- Clean and polished in appearance, communicating to buyers that they can trust you with design creation in cohesion with the Heavenly Day brand.
- Emotional Intelligence
- DETAIL ORIENTED
- Available to assist for the majority of these dates: 8/25, 9/8, 9/29, 10/12, 10/13, 10/20, 10/26, 10/27, 11/3.
- Willing to sign a non-disclosure
- Last but not least, preference goes to those not working with or owning other wedding planning companies
- Wedding Day Assisting is usually 8-10 hours, give or take, and the pay is $12-15, based on experience.
- Lead Planners receive 40-60% commission of each booking, based on experience and source of lead.
- Planners working with Heavenly Day are welcome to raise the price for an event to cover travel, additional scope of service requests, holiday pay, etc.
(Our base pricing is listed in our services section. Please do the math based on the information throughout this post to determine if this could feed you. Please do not apply without educating yourself on if it's realistic.)
WHAT YOU GET FROM ME
- REFINE Course training + hands on mentoring
- additional admin opportunities if needing extra hours, $12-15 per hour based on experience
- introductions to industry experts that will help you succeed in this career
- introduction to master workflow and execution systems and processes
- some pretty cool headshot swag
- We work remotely but have regular touch points to make sure you feel assisted and set up for success. Our hub is north Austin (Arboretum area).
- Weddings are in the Austin and surrounding areas (Dripping Springs, Hutto, Georgetown, etc).
HEART TO HEART
Because we are entrusted with someone's wedding day, I do vet candidates for the highest standards. Those not interested in a long term commitment are not a good fit for Heavenly Day. I'm the first to understand that turnover occurs and will cheer you on in a new endeavor when the time is right but follow through on long engagements is a matter of ethics in this industry. A basic understanding of this is critical.
Please be honest with yourself about this position. A partnership can truly only be offered to someone with 200% commitment and drive. Wedding Planning is ranked as the top five most stressful jobs in the country, year after year, among first responders and above C-Suite execs. The resources available to our contract planners + ability to book ideal clients really does alleviate a lot of the stress but this is not a job to pursue based solely on thinking it sounds fun and exciting. While it is, it's also incredibly hard.
HOW TO APPLY
If I haven't scared you away, you likely have a better chance of succeeding in this industry than those that bounced off so I'd love to hear from you. To apply, please follow these instructions:
- email email@example.com. Your subject line should have your name and "wedding coordinator" so for example- Jane Doe_Wedding Coordinator
- please include a cover letter showing your knowledge of our company and of the industry; explain why you would be a good fit
- please review the dates above and list any that you cannot work
- please attach your resume.
Those not following these exact steps will not be considered.